"We are all flawed, and yet still worthy" -anonymous
I am excited to have joined the Renew team working as a lead therapist in the 2TENTS adolescent IOP program and as the intake coordinator for the adult anxiety IOP program. I enjoy working with teenagers and young adults to help them navigate challenges in life as they come. I also have training in couples and family work and am passionate about helping relationships thrive. I believe people are innately good and can truly succeed with genuine support from others. Our support systems can certainly shape us and I consider myself very lucky to get to work with individuals, couples and families to help improve relationships and overall well being.
- Life Transitions
- Personal Issues
- Women's Issues
- Relational Issues
MY TREATMENT APPROACH
I use tenants of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Person-Centered Therapy, Bowen Family Systems Therapy (for couples and family clients) and Gottman techniques (for couples).
EDUCATION & ASSOCIATIONS
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology with a minor in Family Studies from University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Master of Arts in Counseling and Guidance with an emphasis in Couples and Family Counseling from University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Graduate Certificate in Animals and Human Health (Animal-assisted therapy) from University of Denver
- Member of the American Counseling Association
ACCEPTED INSURANCE PLANS
- Can provide superbills for possible reimbursement from insurance
- Reduced rates / Sliding scale
Vary - please contact for appointment scheduling.
Before starting IOP program my life was hell. I didn’t know how to express my emotions and I was…
Anxiety disorders are a serious mental illness effecting more than 40 million Americans (18% of the adult population).  Everyone…
Everyone has anxiety. It is effective in protecting us from danger. If you are walking and see a rattlesnake 10…
As my 6-year-old daughter and I watched a performance of Pocahontas yesterday, she kept asking me why there was so…
Is your chest tight often? Do you have a tingling sensation in various parts of your body not explained by…